Thank you if you have already applied for the Centre Manager job here at Thornton Community Centre. However if you missed it last month, here are all the details.
Do you have vision, passion and energy?
Thornton Community Centre requires a Manager – 24 hours per week – Pro rata £30,984 per annum (permanent depending on funding)
Thornton Community Centre is located in the heart of Thornton, Bradford and is a community facility that aims to reach out to all local residents The centre has a range of excellent facilities and there is real potential to develop the provision and support on offer, and rise to the challenges that present themselves. An experienced enthusiastic and energetic manager with a real understanding of community development work is required to help the management committee reach their vision for the centre, and ensure that it achieves its aims. The successful candidate will;
• Have significant experience of managing all aspects of a community building
• Have experience of all aspects of managing a staff team
• Have a strong track record of engaging with community groups, families and individuals
• Be able to demonstrate the values under pinning community development of equality, empowerment and social justice.
• Be able to work in partnership with a wide variety of agencies and organisations
• Have experience of working in the voluntary and community sector
• Have knowledge of how community centres are funded and fundraising skills
• Be available to work flexibly over 24 hrs per week including evenings and weekends in order to meet the needs of the community
• Experience of working in an area of multiple needs
For an application pack please email:
Closing date and time for this post is 5 pm on Friday 16th September 2022. Interviews will be held on 27th September 2022.
If you have not received an invitation to interview by Friday 23rd September 2022, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Shortlisted applicants will have the opportunity to visit and look around the on Saturday 24th September 2022.